Teleconference Call Schedule
Click here to read details on the calls.
Thursday January 20 8 p.m.
Thursday February 3 8 p.m.
Thursday February 17 8 p.m.
Enter room number: 588 898 2#
and wait for moderator.
The project is possible due to a bequest from Jan Garton, Manhattan, who died in 2009, and left KRC a generous gift. While these funds help support the effort, we ask that participants consider making a $20 donation for the information and services provided. These services include:
- Weekly E-Reports, January-May 2011. Registered as a lobbyist for KRC, Johnson will produce weekly e-reports, and track and testify on bills and issues related to farm and food policy. He will also be monitoring state budget issues, including Kansas State University programs, Kansas Department of Agriculture activities, and programs impacting water conservation and quality, small meat processors promotion and regulation, farmers markets promotions, and state food policy goals. Other issues may include rBGH milk labeling, defining sustainable agriculture in law, and existing property tax exemptions for commercial wind and ‘tar sands’ pipelines.
- Teleconference Call Updates. In addition to the weekly e-reports during the session, Paul and KRC staff will hold at least 6 hour-long tele-conference calls to keep you abreast of legislative happenings. These will start January 20 offering a short report on status of issues, and a question and answer opportunity for participants. These calls may include updates on federal farm program budgets and program changes as that debate gets underway in Washington, D.C . Anyone signed up for the E-Alerts can opt into the teleconference calls.
- Updates on Federal Farm Programs and the 2012 Farm Bill (Jan.-Dec.) The Weekly E-Alerts also include updates or notices on developments in the next federal farm bill during the session, and special alerts the rest of the year as needed.
Once you click the link, you will be taken to the KRC Legislative and Policy Watch Program Registration Form.
If you elect to support the program with a tax-deductible donation, this can be done through one of two methods:
- Use a credit card or PayPal account to pay online.
- Print out the Registration Confirmation email and mail it along with your check to the KRC Office at the address included in Confirmation Email.